Sunday, November 27, 2005

Well, children, it's been too long. There's a reason, you know. Sadly, the internet has had to go in the interest of cutting expenditures. I'm poor. And Sonoma County is not the place for poor college students trying to scrape by with their gpa and their sanity. I'm much better off than I have been in years, don't get me wrong. My rent and car payments are never late, I'm much more financially secure than in a very long time. The problem lies in the cost of living in the area. Despite my best attempts, my burly improvements in the budgeting area, and my heroic self denial in the shopping arena, I can't do it. That paired with the apparently impending concentration camp-like qualities of my work environment since the supervisory changes have forced me to change plans for the near future. San Francisco is going to have to wait until after school, I'm thinking I'll go up to Washington where my cousin lives. It's extraordinarily cheap, it snows, and I'd be able to be closer to her and the boys. And I'd get the fuck out of this area code. These factors are all appealing as hell, just so you know. It's not for sure as Craig-o would say, but it's looking better and better....

We'll see, huh?

2 Comments:

Blogger la diabla said...

Maybe you could take some of the donated coats with you. (hanging in our breakroom)
I'm with you, in heart. You will be missed.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Stacy Without An E said...

I understand what you're speaking of. I miss a number of things due to the cost of living in this area, such as:

--- Eating 3 meals a day.
--- Buying a new shirt more than every 3 years.
--- Being able to take a vacation every once in a while.

Sigh.

Much like you, I am exploring my options outside of this area. It's fun to explore other avenues for the future, but you wonder if the street you're on right now will be missed.

Sigh 2 (the sequel to the original sigh)

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home