Friday, November 18, 2005

Well, everyone's blogging is putting me to shame, so I guess I'd better get on it. I just had a lovely dinner with Devorah. She's just such a beautiful person, she makes me glad to be a woman and she always makes me feel so.....honest! And hey, she tells me how people are gossipping that Craig and I are together. HAHA! I can think of two things wrong with that idea. Damn, that's funny I don't care who you are. Anyway, Devorah and I always have such wonderful talks, even if it's just one of our commuting calls, where we catch up in the half hour it takes for one of us to get to or from work. I always discover wonderful bloggable things while enjoying these talks, but only some of it makes it here. Tonight you might just get the part about my complete inability or unwillingness to really depend on another human being for anything important. But first, something more interesting....

Rachel has been my best friend for going on 11 years now. We met one of our first days of high school in social studies class, Mr. Cullanan's as I recall. She sat next to me, and one of us (probably me) was going to be missing a class and we swapped phone numbers for the homework. The rest is history, and much of it downhill if you were to ask our at the time tormented parents. We've gone through moving out of Sebastopol, out of the county, even to the opposite side of the state. We've been through boys, girls, camping, too many intoxicants, and both too much and too little partying. We've been essentially thrown out of school, we've cut more classes together than any two people should, and we've redeemed ourselves. We've been through breakfasts of sparkling cider, strawberries, and brie in Ives Park to sandwiches and Schwan's juice at the graveyard, the crypt to be specific. We've been through all kinds of crazy shit at the crypt and the graveyard, come to think of it. We've been through weddings, a couple births, and too much death for our tender years. In the past few years we've gone through changing from two of a kind to two very different people, and then now a comfortable blend of the two... Rachel is like my sister. And tonight, despite the fact that I feel as though I know her like a sister, she surprised me with a whole different side of her. There was something she had been keeping from me, and while I always had a sort of feeling about it, I believed her when she denied it! Well, first of all, who the hell knew?! And second of all, damn you're good! Like, infinitely better than me! Third, and most importantly, I have this to say:

ROCK (and blog) ON TIGERLILY!!!!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Okay, I'm done. You'll have to wait eagerly for my fascinating bit of self analysis.

There, ya hear that? That's the sound of sarcasm dripping from that last statement I made. Okay, goodnight.

music: the Postal Service (OMG I LOOOVE THEM!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home