Thursday, March 03, 2005

'Ya know what? It wouldn't hurt any of you people to comment every once in a while! Jeepers, I get more posts from my ex that I have no contact with than any of you that I do have contact with! Cripes. And for the record, thanks, at least someone has something to say! *rolls eyes*

So I went and saw Rachel for a minute tonight. It was smashing, I haven't seen her in forever and six months. She's coming up to see my house on Sunday. I'm so lucky to have her as my best friend...

I'm stressed because I forgot about an english assignment. ACK! I'm not sure what the points are worth but I'm screwed if it's enough to lose my A. I realllllllly don't want to retake this class. Reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally. I think if I have to retake this class I'd rather just drop out of school and work as a truck driver going 'round the country. Life would be a road trip...smashing. Uggggh. Everyone keep your fingers crossed please!

I think I've decided on my pre med major, thanks to my pal Spencer. I think I'm going to go for mass communications. Coooooooooooooooooool. That way if I ever gain my senses and leave medicine I could go into radio. It just seems like it must be the coolest thing ever...I've thought of it for years but never thought I could, I wanted to take courses and learn more but I didn't know exactly what to take. Hmmm. we'll see. And pediatric neurology is grabbing me more and more. I mean, what could be more perfect? We'll see, I mean I only have 17,084 years to decide.

I donated blood today at school, they were having a drive. I haven't donated whole blood in years. Anywho, as I was bleeding out (doesn't that sound shocking and nonchalant all at once?! I adore it) the kiln guy from the ceramics program came in to donate. At least I think he's the kiln guy. Maybe he's one of those freaky people that just hung 'round the studio all the time and acted like he knew what he was doing. I think it was kinda both, actually. At any rate seeing him in his clay covered apron made me miss my wheel back at the studio, all my tools, and the smell of the glazes, the raku fire, and clay under what little nails I have. *sigh* I'd do anything to be able to be in one of those classes again. All of them conflict with work or my other classes though. I soooo loved ceramics. Maybe next semester.

Oohhh, I'm going to get the World of Warcraft game tomorrow I think. Cooooooool, it is incredible thus far, I think it's only going to get far better...splendid...

I went to dinner at one of my favorite Mexican places tonight. The waiter, as always, was terribly polite, very civilized, but they had a new bus girl. I'm assuming that's what she was, I nearly had to light myself on fire to get her to acknowledge me, and rudely at that. Her lack of politesse was disappointing. I was surprised, La Bufa's always has charming people. Evidently they thought they'd try something new this time, huh?

Why are incompetent people allowed to remain by so many employers? It's interesting, I feel morally and personally obligated to not only be competent but to excel at what I do. Pragmatically speaking, I also feel required to do so. And rightfully so. But these standards are not applied to everyone. Why? I think it's unacceptable and it is leading to the deterioration of quality, capability, and distinction. Mediocrity is on a downward spiral. I hate mediocrity.

*loses balance and falls off the soapbox*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home