Monday, March 14, 2005

favorite songs

What is your favorite song/group or artist of all time? Mine, as many of you know, is the Cure. My favorite song is probably hmmm, Lovesong? There are a few close contenders, but I think that's it. Well you know how sometimes your favorite songs can be sort of attached to someone you love? They insidiously associate themselves with said person. This can be a bad thing, and in Julie-Land it usually is. So once again my favorite song(s) have been associated to someone. And when I hear them, it makes me sad. The interesting thing about all of this is that it's never ever happened with the Cure. It didn't matter who the Cure was associated with in my heart, it always came out clean. It seemed that before, the person I loved never was worthy of permanent association with these songs, so all was well. But this time, the person is totally worthy. So I have to figure out a new angle to unattach those emotions from my songs. *sigh*

"Nothing takes the taste out of peanut butter quite like unrequited love."
Charlie Brown

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home