Friday, March 18, 2005

I Hate SBC

I need an extra phone jack installed. As any of you who have visited my home know, my computer lives in the living room because I haven't got a phone jack in my bedroom. So after asking around to see if anyone I knew would do it for free, I grudging agreed to pay SBC the obscene price of $131 to get the damned thing installed. A lousy phone jack, $131. Lovely. Anyway, I had to wait a frickin' week to get it installed because of my schedule. So I schedule it for 4-8pm today 'cause it's all I had available. So what do they do? They book it for a guy that only works 'til 4:30. It'll take longer than 30 minutes of course, but despite the fact that I specifically told these incompetent dolts I was unavailable before 4, they took it upon themselves to tell this poor technician to get me in an earlier appointment. And they didn't allow for the fact that I, oh, I don't know, WASN'T GOING TO BE THERE! So then I was told that I had to call and stay on hold AGAIN to talk to these morons that couldn't get it right the first time. So I did. Stayed on hold. Politely, calmly explained the situation to this slob on the other end who without a word transferred me back to the very beginning of the system for me to work my way through. Nice. The next guy I got actually knew how to use his phone, because he didn't transfer me. He did, however, keep me on hold for six years while he spoke with jerks at the dispatch who told him they were going to have to send someone up at the end of their shift. And it still might not happen. And I'm still waiting for said morons to call me and let me know. Special, it's very special.

2 Comments:

Blogger Stacy Without An E said...

Poor Miss Joolie. I'm sorry. The cable and phone people seem to be working some sort of parallel universe racket where things can only be achieved in four hour blocks, not one hour like the rest of society. Of course, if common sense were added to the phone and cable companies, they'd collapse under the weight of their own incompetence. Sigh.

7:10 PM  
Blogger la Julie said...

God, I love these people.... *smile*

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home